When Barefoot Massage is not Recommended.
Wait… a what? A contraindication is a clinical term for a condition that serves as a reason to withhold a treatment (in this case, an Ashiatsu Barefoot Massage). At The Traveling Sole, it is priority to get you and keep you feeling amazing.
It is imperative for us to make sure that our treatments are safe, effective, and the right massage for you.
Tyana is highly trained in the technique and to understand pathologies relating to Ashiatsu massage, and is interested in every nook and cranny of your health history.
ASHIATSU MASSAGE CONTRAINDICATIONS (WE CAN NOT AND WILL NOT MASSAGE YOU):
- A woman who is pregnant.
- Any breast/pectoral/gluteal/calf implants or any form of augmentation/enhancement within nine months.
- Recent eye procedures/Lasik surgery within 72 hours.
- History of Tuberculosis, thrombosis, aneurysm, or ongoing kidney disorders.
- Currently going through radiation therapy treatments.
- Knee, hip, spine, shoulder, or major joint surgeries within 6 weeks.
- Current flare-up of phlebitis or cellulitis.
- Any active Autoimmune Disorders (such as lupus, gout, rheumatoid arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, etc.) and Lyme disease.
- Currently taking any blood thinners, steroids, cortisone, anti-inflammatories, pain killers, or muscle relaxants.
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure or heart condition.
- Pacemaker, stint or shunt.
- Any rib or any bone fracture/break within 6 months.
- If you have been diagnosed with Osteoporosis.
- If you have been diagnosed with spondylolisthesis.
- If you have Guillain-Barre’ Syndrome, have been diagnosed with any active neuropathy of severe pain and numbness, or if you have any neurological disorder that causes loss of sensation or muscle weakness.
These are additional considerations that you or for whom the person you are purchasing a gift certificate, should consider. If you have any questions, contact us HERE.
- Plane flight longer than 6 hours within the last 24 hours prior to your massage appointment.
- Sick: cold, flu, food poisoning. We don’t want what you have, and your massage will be MUCH better if you reschedule. Note our cancellation policy, and please contact with questions.
- Ashiatsu is “deeper than deep tissue,” please note *if your idea of a dreamy massage is light and fluffy.
- If you are under 18 years old.
Things of Importance Tyana Needs to know
- Have an IUD, joint replacements, fusions, rods, plates, screws, etc.
- Diabetic, hypoglycemic or a hemophiliac or on medication.
- Have been diagnosed with any stage of a herniated/bulging/slipped disc.
- Spinal stenosis, spondylitis, or spondylosis.
- ANY, any at all, recent injuries (Dislocations, sprains, strains, bumps, bruises, whiplash, etc).
- ANY recent injections of substances at joint or muscle junctures (Botox, saline, nerve block, epidural, corticosteroid, even birth control.) We CANNOT massage the area immediately surrounding, and in some cases, further out the limb, from any injection site. Doing so may reverse the effects of your shot and may cause harm to your muscle tissue.
- ANY kind of surgery.
- Diagnosed with Osteopenia (early stage of Osteoporosis).
- Heavy menstrual cramping or abnormal flow cycle.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome Flare ups of diverticulitis or any digestive issues.
- Low grade fever.
- Any acute intense pain that does not subside.
- Numbness or tingling in any area.
- Any contagious rashes, warts, foot fungus, or skin infection.
Barefoot Massage is MUCH different than any massage provided by hands, and there are many health concerns that we need to know about prior to using our feet and body weight to massage you so that we can best address your needs.